Where are services provided?
Individuals enrolled in the program will be evaluated to determine the type and level of services that are appropriate for their situation. Services available may vary from facility to facility, but may include:
- Social and recreational programs;
- Personal care;
- Supportive services (laundry, housekeeping, maintenance);
- Coordination of three meals a day;
- Non-medical transportation;
- Nursing services;
- Intermittent skilled nursing care;
- 24- hour response capability.
What does the ALW Program pay for?
The Assisted Living waiver pays for services provided to an individual in an Assisted Living facility. Facilities are reimbursed depending on the amount of services they provide to an individual. The individual must be able to pay a monthly room and board charge to the facility as well.
How do I know if I'm eligible for the program?
A person may be eligible for the Assisted Living Waiver program if he or she:
- Is 21 years of age or older;
- Is currently receiving Medicaid funded services in a nursing facility
Is receiving services through a Medicaid waiver program (PASSPORT, Ohio Home Care or Choices)
Has been residing in an Assisted Living facility and paying for their care privately for at least 6 months;
- Has a documented need for unscheduleable hands-on assistance;
- Meets relevant Medicaid financial requirements for income and assets (as determined by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services);
- Requires a nursing home level of care (intermediate or skilled)
- Can be safely maintained in the Assisted Living facilities (the services available will provide sufficient care to the individual);
- Can pay the established room and board rate for the facility (an individual MUST have sufficient resources to pay the current room and board charge. The room and board charge changes each calendar year);
- Agrees to participate in the program.